= If you think this FAQ is incomplete or needs work, please let us know instead of voting down, so we can fix it! Cheers, Tim and Kate. =
Although these SIMs have been designed to be very easy to use (essentially plug and play) there is some minor set up required on your phone.
Here's a basic trouble shooting guide.
- Ensure your phone/device is not SIM-locked or network-locked. If it is, you'll need to contact your network provider to unlock it.
- Check if you have a 3G connection. If you have a 3G connection but no data connection, proceed below. If you do not have a 3G connection, it is likely your phone is not compatible with the network or you have a setting preventing you from connecting. Make sure carrier selection is set to automatic.
- Make sure your APN/cell settings are correct. For iOS, download the mobileconfig file attached to this FAQ and email it to yourself on your phone (before you leave, or whilst connected to Wifi if you're already overseas). Alternatively, on Android/Windows and on iOS if you have access (Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Network), ensure you have these settings configured: (If you are having problems finding your APN settings, please consult the manual of your phone, or search how to find APN settings for your respective phone.)
- APN: netgprs.com
- Username: tsl
- Password: tsl
- Authentication: PAP, CHAP or none
- For data, ensure you have subscribed to a data pack. * This is important! * For a 1GB data pack, text/sms DATA FR1GB to 22213 for a 1GB data pack that lasts 30 days. Read this solution page for more information including information on all the data packs.
- Turn off Wifi, and go to http://selfcare or http://mylfm.eu to confirm data network connectivity. You must be on a 3G connection to reach these sites.
- For use in the EU outside France, ensure data roaming is switched on and you an an EU data pack.
- If this doesn't work, switch your phone off/on.
- If this doesn't work, reset your cellular network settings and reapply the mobileconfig patch and re-attempt.
- Note that certain versions of Android (Marshmallow in particular) prevent access to the LFM data network despite the right settings. LFM is investigating.
- If you are seeing an error "Could not activate mobile data network. PDP authentication failure", try to remove the LFM network settings and re-apply.
Failing that, your best bet is to contact LeFrenchMobile customer care (who speak English) on:
- Phone: +33 1 74 95 95 00
Please note that Customer Service is open at the following times (all quoted times are Central European Time):
Monday to Friday: 9:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 18:00
Saturday: 14:00 – 18:00